Saturday, December 6, 2008

Mount Vernon

We headed down to Mount Vernon, George Washington's plantation home, this morning to enjoy a little history outside of the city. The land was beautiful -- right along the Potomac river and we were imagining how nice it would be to live there and sit on your porch in the summer enjoying the morning sunrise and a nice breeze from the river. Really we were trying to imagine ourselves a little warmer than we actually were! It was not a cold day by Minnesota standards, but we just aren't that tough anymore. We had a very enjoyable day, but I have to say I'm tuckered out as I write this! So instead of pics I'll just post a little video to sum up Kaitlyn's impression of Mount Vernon. (sorry its a little shaky to start with)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome to think about how long that place has been there, who has been there, and all the stuff that happened there. And now YOU are part of that history. :0)

Anonymous said...

What's the deal? No new posts? Already bored with Kaitlyn? Nothing happening in WA DC? What am I supposed to do after work if you don't post anything on your blog?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers