Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Summer Fun

Summer is in full swing with plenty of sunshine and dry days. We have been taking advantage of it all and are spending most of our days outside. Kaitlyn is having a blast -- she is so engaged in the activities we do and I can't get over how fun this stage is!
A few pics of some of our recent outings:

Kaitlyn has the best seat in the house for a little nature stroll


Exploring low tide -- I think this was Kaitlyn's first time investigating the beach at low tide.

Not so sure about touching the starfish... she got close, but I don't think she made contact --maybe next time


Taking in a concert in the park. Kaitlyn danced past her bed time and loved it!

The zoo has become one of our favorite outings. Kaitlyn's favorite animals are the meerkats. Rob and I watched Meerkat Manor for a few hours after my water broke while we were waiting to go to the hospital. Maybe Kaitlyn recalls these furry little guys from her very distant memory.

Keeping cool in the pool -- and making sure mama's feet are well watered. The bright colors of the pool attract bumblebees and Kaitlyn had her first bee sting this week. She once again proved to be a tough cookie -- only cried while she was being stung and then she was over it.

Kaitlyn has learned to blow on the pinwheel to make it move. Well actually she blows/spits on it and I sneak in and add a little well directed air to actually make it move. Still a pretty big accomplishment for Kaitlyn though!

Looking forward to sharing more of our summer fun with you soon!






No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers