Kaitlyn and Harper played together pretty well -- no biting, scratching, or hitting, and Kaitlyn only pulled Harper's hair a couple of times (its good to set low expectations:)
Kaitlyn thought playing in the sand was a ton of fun for about 5 seconds. As soon as the first wave touched her feet she new her place was in the water.
I do realize that if your child is wearing a fleece its probably not the right temperature to let her play in the ocean. However, Kaitlyn has her daddy's fish blood in her and would stand in the water all day regardless of the temperature -- I did enforce strict time limits (on both Kailtyn and Rob:) on wading time.
A little bit of sun and we had full on swimming:) We're raising a true Northwest Girl!
Thank goodness Rob got a "Snuggie" (yes the infomerical snuggie and yes he wanted one) for his birthday from Chris and Amanda so that he and Kaitlyn could warm up at the house.
Rob and Kaitlyn didn't have all the fun -- I am in love with kite flying now! We bought our first kite -- the kind with two strings and handles so that you can actually maneuver it. I can't wait to get back to the windy beach to take it out again. Kaitlyn even stayed pretty well entertained in the sling while I flew the kite.
Thankfully we have one more weekend trip coming up soon so I don't have to accept that summer is almost over just yet.



2 comments:
We have not been to the beach this year or last. Those photos make me miss the ocean!
I love this post, and I love that Kaitlyn is a fish! But it makes me miss living near the ocean, too.
Post a Comment