Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St Patrick's Day!


A Leprechaun stopped by our house last night to hide some treats for Kaitlyn and Audrey for the St. Paddy's Day Race today.
The girls were up bright and early to head out in the cold rain for an exciting St Patrick's morning
We had just enough time after picking shirts and numbers to have breakfast at Paddy Coyne's. It is a lot of fun to watch Kaitlyn studying the adults all dressed up and excited to run at these events
Get me out of the stroller and let me run!!
Kaitlyn was moderately patient in the stroller while Auntie Christina and I walked the 5K -- we only had to stop once for a major discussion with the girls about staying on your own side of the stroller. The rain cover is a nice way to drown out whines and questions:)
"Just keep running" That's what Kaitlyn and I always say near the end of her runs (think "just keep swimming" from Nemo). This run was a challenge with the hill coming near the end and it being cold and raining. But Kaitlyn is a determined little thing and she just kept running.
So proud of my little runner!!!
Another 1K run for Kaitlyn! We've done a few 1K runs that seemed to fall a little short of truly being 1 kilometer. Not this one -- perhaps it was the 37 degrees or the pouring rain that we had been out in for an hour and half already, but this race felt longer than previous 1Ks. I could tell Kaitlyn was really working to keep running the entire time. But she did awesome! As always I had a ton of fun running with her and was so proud of her. Its amazing to watch her be so dedicated to something she loves doing -- at 3 1/2!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back to blogging. I've been missing the news. I used to be a runner, so I am very impressed with Kaitlyn's determination to get all the way to the finish line! (Looks like loads of fun!) Of course, she's blessed with a great example.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers